This is soooo yummy! It has a light white wine/buttery/garlicky/lemony deliciousness and I absolutely love it! You can of course use any pasta like angel hair, whole wheat spaghetti, penne, etc… But my favorite is linguini 😄
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 3 T butter
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 lb pasta (8 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 glugs of white wine
- Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and dried parsley
1. Start boiling your water for your pasta. I like to add salt in there to help flavor it up a bit. Then add your noodles.
2. Start melting your butter over medium high heat in a large sauté pan and add a drizzle of olive oil to it.
3. Once the butter is melted, add your shrimp. It’s best to use shrimp after you’ve pat it dry a bit, otherwise it can make the sauce watery. Season it with salt, pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
4. Now add two glugs of white wine. That’s the sound your bottle makes when you turn it into your pan. If you’re going with box wine, press the spout for a couple seconds over your pan. See how I keep it classy with my pinky out? 😄
5. Now add your lemon juice and garlic and cook for about five minutes. You’ll know the shrimp is done when it turns orange and form little c’s.
6. Once it’s done, turn the heat off and add your lemon zest and sprinkle parsley flakes all over it. Stir it all together.
7. Your pasta should be done by now. Drain and add noodles to your sauce pan.
Stir it all together, pour yourself a glass of wine, and enjoy!