This is definitely one of our favorite sides in our house. So delicious and cheesy and perfect! It’s a perfect side dish, but also something fun to stuff chicken with if you want to try something different!
2 boxes frozen spinach drained
1 sweet onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1/2 c cheddar cheese
2 oz cream cheese
2 T butter
1/4 c milk
1 T flour
Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
1. Chop your onion and garlic and put in your skillet or Dutch oven with butter and season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Keep it on medium heat and cook for about ten minutes.
2. Meanwhile, defrost your frozen spinach. I had taken mine out earlier in the day, but you can defrost it easily in the microwave.
3. Place your spinach in a colander and squeeze all the water out with your hands. You will be surprised how much water comes out!
4. Once your onions look golden and delicious, add your flour and give it a stir. Let it cook 2-3 minutes.
5. Now turn down the heat a bit and add your squeezed out spinach, cheeses, and milk.
6. Stir it around until everything is melted and combined. I like to add a little more salt and pepper here too.