Y’all, I could hardly drag myself from my bed with my electric blanky into my bathroom with my personal space heater due to this crazy weather. It’s safe to say I despise the cold, and if I had it my way it would come for Christmas holidays then GO AWAY! This soup was so yummy and warmed me up long enough so I could build a fire and try to stay warm!
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 sweet onion chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 garlic clove chopped
1 – 1 1/2 tsp your favorite season-all (I used Janie’s Crazy Mixed Up Salt)
GOYA Sazon, GOYA Adobo, and GOYA Seasoning Total Seasonings
1 box chicken broth
1/2 – 3/4 c queso (Didn’t see that comin did ya?!)
1/4 – 1/2 c half and half
1 can Rotel
1/2 c uncooked rice
1. Put your chicken thighs in your soup pot and season both sides liberally with the three GOYA seasonings. Look familiar? It should, this is the same stuff used on my grilled chicken recipe!
2. Once your chicken is done, pull out and set aside. Then get your husband in the kitchen and have him help cut it up. Ha! 🙂
3. See all those dark num nums at the bottom of the pot? Mmm, they’ll give us lots of flavor! Throw in your onions and add a little olive oil if you need to. Sauté about ten minutes and then add your garlic in, then sauté another few minutes.
4. Now add your frozen veggies and Rotel.
5. Season your veggies liberally with your favorite season-all.
6. Add your chopped up chicken back to the mix.
7. Add one box of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
8. Add your uncooked rice and allow to boil for a minute before turning to a simmer and putting a lid on it for 20 minutes.
9. Now add your queso to the soup. Oh my goodness, the cheesy goodness!!!
10. Now give your soup a healthy splash of half and half to balance it all out!
12. Serve with shredded cheese, avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, green onion, and a dollop of sour cream! Mmmmmm!!!