I’m sure most of you are used to your traditional breaded and fried Chicken Parmesan, but this is a baked version. Read: I did not say this was recipe is better for you, but we can pretend I did if that makes you feel better 🙂 As I was saying, this recipe is less mess and so much tastier than the traditional version! So crack open a red and let’s get started!
1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 cup REAL mayo
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs divided
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (Notice I said shredded, not that imitation grated stuff on the shelf)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper
1. In a mixing boil combine mayo, 1/4 c Italian breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
2. Place your chicken on a cookie sheet that’s been lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Season with salt and pepper. Then spread your mayo mixture evenly over the chicken.
3. Sprinkle remaining Italian breadcrumbs over the chicken.
4. Place chicken in a 375F oven for 40 minutes.
5. Pull chicken out after about 40 minutes and sprinkle mozzarella all over the chicken. Put back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Serve with whole wheat angel hair pasta, marinara sauce, and cheesy garlic bread for a delicious dinner!
This is the most delicious chicken!!! A new staple in our home. Yum!!!